NFU Local 362
June 14th, 2017
7:00 p.m. Red Dot Cafe, 5673 Osgoode Main St, Osgoode
Location: Red Dot Cafe, Osgoode 7 p.m.
Present from executive: Katie Ward, Marlyn O’Connor, Katrina Anderson
Present from members: Nicole Jones
Associate member: Frank Poulin, George Neville
Katie Ward chaired the meeting.
1. Call to order – 7:12 p.m.
2. Approval of agenda – Marlyn motioned, Nicole seconded. Carried.
3. Approval of May minutes – as amended. – Marlyn motioned, Nicole seconded. Carried.
4. President’s report – Katie participated in an executive conference call June 13th. Council initiated main focus areas – land access, tools for farmers and rural infrastructure. Also discussed was what tools different locals are using to bring more people to meetings. It was asked if any locals would want to contribute to advertising for the Ontario Farmers Canada 150 Edition – a motion to contribute $50 to our Local subject to confirmation from absent directors was made – Nicole motioned, Marlyn seconded. Carried.
5. Treasurer’s report – Marlyn gave his report. Nicole motioned to accept, Katrina seconded. Carried.
6. Business arising from minutes
A) Summer Social – Katrina to confirm with Bernard regarding Summer Social
7. Correspondence – none
8. New business:
– George Neville spoke of marginal farmland
– There could be the creation of a measurable / tangible method to see what has attracted new members to the NFU – perhaps a trial of a survey at National Convention, perhaps at the provincial level.
– Anyone wanting to participate in the National Convention Planning Committee to contact Katie Ward
– There will also be a farm panel if anyone would like to participate. Farm renewal is the main theme
9. Adjournment at 8:17 p.m. Katie motioned.
10. Next Meeting -.Tuesday September 12th at 7 p.m. at the Red Dot Cafe in Osgoode.