NFU Local 316
Our Local directors
- Josh Suppan, President, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rick Munroe, Secretary-Treasurer, email@example.com
- Dianne Dowling, Vice-President
- Annie Richard, Director
- Marie Bencze, Director
- Tim Dowling, Director
Attend our AGM
This year our AGM will be online (via Zoom), and because of that we've decided it should be more a party to make it fun. So from this point forward it will only be referred to as our AGP(arty). When: Saturday Jan 16th at 6:45 pm Keynote speaker: Jane Rabinowicz Music: Local musican Paul Clifford Door prizes!: Three gift cards from local restaurants to be won Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for the details on how to attend.
Peter Dowling Memorial Fund for Farmer Empowerment.
We are granting funds:
- To help new and young farmers attend learning opportunities (conferences, workshops, farm tours, etc);
- To award 4-H scholarships in Frontenac and Lennox-Addington Counties; and,
- For the purchase of farming materials and equipment, particularly those related to mitigating climate change.
- 2019 – present: Climate Action Group (Local farmers conduct soil testing for organic matter and active carbon in a multi-year study to measure soil health and carbon sequestration)
- 2016 – present: Fall Feast (Building urban-rural connections and raising funds to support education and training opportunities for young/new farmers and for climate change mitigation projects)
- 2009 – present: Save our prison farms campaign (Played a leadership role in (ongoing) campaign to save/restore the prison farms. A documentary was made about this struggle in 2014)
- 2008 – 2012: New Farm Project (Training, mentorship and equipment provided for new and transitioning farmers producing for the local market, a $250,000 project with major funding from Heifer International)
- 2007: Food Down The Road (A series of food system workshops and the NFU Local Food Summit in November. Outcomes of the summit include a Local Food Declaration (which became the basis of the KFL&A Food Charter, endorsed by the city and Frontenac County) and the creation of Loving Spoonful)