Position: Full time, 35 hours/week, offered through the Canada Summer Jobs program (see eligibility criteria below)
Duration: 8 weeks starting as soon as possible
Location: Work from home
- Coordinate production and distribution of communication and promotional materials.
- Help facilitate NFU-O representation digitally at events, meetings, and trade shows.
- Ensure the NFU-O website is current, accurate and functioning.
- Assist with content, production and distribution of marketing and publicity materials (posters, program, flyers, mail outs, newsletters, brochures etc).
- Gather outside materials of interest to Locals and members, distributing them in an appropriate fashion, e.g. e-news.
- Assist with the production of internal newsletters and other communication pieces.
- Engage with farmers, eaters, and food system stakeholders through social media, electronic communication, and face-to-face conversation.
- Assist with communications to members, government, and the general public.
- Give and gather feedback on the success of outreach and messaging.
- Research and compile available resources to enhance online presence.
- Improve internal communications systems (e.g. aggregate relevant stock photos, improve tagging procedures etc.).
- Support the evaluation of communications and outreach through analytics as well as offering and gathering feedback.
Event Planning and Coordination
- Assist with planning, organization and execution of NFU-O AGM and Region 3 Convention, as well as other meetings and special events.
- Assist with logistics and speaker outreach.
- Reach out to potential sponsors.
Membership Services, Development and Outreach
- Assist in the identification of and outreach to members.
- Support the development and implementation of new member benefits.
- Monitor, respond to and/or forward general office and membership related phone calls, postal correspondence, and email correspondence, in a timely manner.
- Receive and respond to requests of a membership nature from Council, Locals, members and prospective members.
Skills and Qualifications:
This is a Canada Summer Jobs position. Candidates must be
- between 15 and 30 years of age (inclusive) at the start of employment;
- a Canadian Citizen, permanent resident, or person on whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act; and
- legally entitled to work according to the Ontario and Canadian legislation and regulations.
- Experience and knowledge of communications and/or marketing (preferred).
- Event planning experience an asset.
- A strong communicator with excellent written and verbal skills.
- Highly motivated and able to work independently and in a team.
- Demonstrated problem-solving abilities.
- Experience working with social media platforms, Mailchimp, or similar newsletter applications.
- Experience with graphic design an asset (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Canva, etc.).
- French language skills are an asset.
- experience and knowledge of communications and/or marketing (preferred).
- Flexible, skilled in working on multiple projects at a time.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Interest in community-building, environmental sustainability and/or food security.
- Knowledge of Ontario agricultural community an asset.
Send your cover letter detailing how your skills, experience, and education fit with this position, along with your resume, in Word or PDF format to Sarah Bakker, NFU-O General Manager at email@example.com with the subject line “Marketing Assistant.”
Only those applicants to be invited for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Applications will be evaluated and interviews occurring on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
The NFU-O is committed to employment equity and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals.