Position: Digital Tech Coordinator – Internship
Organization: National Farmers Union
Location: anywhere in Canada
Eligibility: age 30 & under (see below)
The National Farmers Union Digital Tech Coordinator will lead the organization’s digital transformation to enable more effective communication, data management, and digital libraries. In this role, they will support the NFU’s on-line webinars and workshops, podcasts, and videos; manage the integration of electronic data management platforms; and assemble and curate membership materials. The Digital Tech Coordinator will be willing to learn any digital skills they need and envision and implement solutions to the digital challenges of the organization. This work will advance the mission of the NFU and be part of making Canadian agriculture more sustainable and climate-friendly.
This is a full-time (37.5 hours per week) contract internship position that ends March 31, 2021. The wage is $18/hour. The position reports to the Executive Director and can work from anywhere in Canada. The intern must be between 15 and 30 years of age and a Canadian citizen or permanent resident or persons who have been granted refugee status in Canada. The intern must currently be unemployed, underemployed or hold part-time employment. Post-secondary graduates across Canadian provinces are eligible as well as High School graduates in Territories.
Duties and responsibilities
The Digital Tech Coordinator will lead and support the digital transformation of the National Farmers Union and National Farmers Union-Ontario. They will:
- Provide technical support to the NFU’s on-line webinars and workshops and the NFU-Ontario’s annual convention via Zoom and additional platforms as required. Assist NFU-Ontario members to make this transition to on-line platforms.
- Support the NFU Youth Caucus in their development and distribution of podcasts as needed
- Curate and prepare NFU photos and videos for optimal communication use;
- Manage the integration of electronic data management platforms MailChimp and Sumac and of NFU accounting software with Sumac
- Working closely with NFU members, collect and curate existing membership materials, providing technical support to any on-line sales or access as required.
- Review and add to the NFU on-line presence including agricultural policy, the NFU’s climate change campaign, the NFU’s participation in Farmers for Climate Solutions, and on-line store.
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge and skills
The NFU is looking for a highly organized, responsible person with a passion for detail and computer technology. The Digital Tech Coordinator will bring strong computer skills and an eagerness to learn new skills and platforms to support the work. The Digital Tech Coordinator will work easily with a variety of people. They will take initiative in their tasks, but be willing to check in and take feedback. They will have strong archival and communication skills. They will be comfortable working independently with guidance. The candidate will be a self-starter and take ownership for results. They must be committed to the NFU’s mission of raising the collective voice of progressive farmers across Canada, including the NFU’s climate change, agroecology and food sovereignty goals.
The Data Tech Coordinator will have:
- A background in digital technology either through schooling, experience or both
- Proficiency in online communications including Mailchimp and WordPress
- Experience in digital platforms including CRMs (e.g., Sumac), Google tools (Sheets, Drive), podcast, audio, video editing, Adobe; financial software an asset
- Webinar hosting/logistics
- Google analytics and other usage statistics tools
- Attention to detail, accurate, responsible
- Proactive, positive, industrious, and socially conscientious
- Commitment to diversity, inclusivity and respect
- Communications – Excellent written and spoken French and English
- Patience in dealing with a diversity of skill sets
- Co-operative/collaborative within and between organizations
- An understanding of the agroecology and food sovereignty goals of the NFU
- University or college studies in any relevant field that, when combined with other skills and initiative, enables candidate to manage project demands.
- Some experience preferred.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by end of day Friday Nov 13, 2020. Please see the internship criteria above.
The NFU is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applicants of diverse race, ethnicity, gender identity, age, religion, ability, sexual orientation, and gender expression.
The NFU will provide support in its recruitment processes to applicants with disabilities, including accommodation that takes into account an applicant’s accessibility needs. If you require accommodations during the interview process, please include them with your application.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position. Only applicants considered for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.