Job Title: Executive Director
Term: Permanent, full time starting ASAP
Compensation: $60,000 – $70,000 per annum, as well as employer-paid benefits package
Location: Anywhere in Ontario, with some travel post COVID
Reports to: NFU-O Board
Are you a big picture thinker?
Are you passionate about working towards a sustainable, equitable future?
Are you knowledgeable about farming and food systems in Ontario?
Yes? Then we have the job for you! Help us take the National Farmers Union – Ontario to the next level.
About the National Farmers Union – Ontario
The NFU-O works towards the development of economic and social policies that will maintain small and medium sized family farms as the primary food-producers in Ontario and in Canada. The NFU-O believes that agriculture should be economically, socially, and environmentally sustainable and should lead to enriched soils, biodiverse natural ecosystems, financially-viable farms, high quality, healthy and safe food for people, thriving rural communities, and a more beautiful countryside.
Learn more at: www.nfuontario.ca
We’re looking for a Executive Director with:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, who can eloquently represent the NFU-O (French is an asset).
- Experience working collaboratively with a board of directors in a senior non-profit management position.
- Strong financial management skills, including budget preparation, analysis, and reporting.
- A history of successfully generating new revenue streams and establishing relationships with funders and partner agencies.
- Experience managing and collaborating remotely with staff and volunteers to ensure the successful implementation of programming and research.
- Knowledge of food systems and agricultural policy in Ontario.
- The ability to dream big and make it happen by envisioning and collaborating with the organization’s staff, board, and local members.
As the NFU-O’s Executive Director you will:
- Assist and support the Board with the leadership and visioning of the organization by developing and reporting on strategic plans and annual budgets.
- Implement the strategic goals and objectives of the National Farmers Union – Ontario with the help of staff.
- Ensure compliance with the Farm Registrations and Farm Organizations Funding Act.
- Report to and work closely with the Board to seek their involvement in policy decisions, membership outreach, fundraising, and to increase the overall visibility of the organization.
- Establish and maintain relationships with various organizations and utilize those relationships to strategically enhance the NFU-O’s Mission.
- Engage in membership outreach, fundraising, and developing other revenues.
- Oversee marketing and other communications efforts.
- Oversee Board and committee meetings.
- Establish employment and administrative policies and procedures for all functions and for the day-to-day operation of the NFU-O.
- Be responsible for the fiscal integrity of the NFU-O including submissions to the Board of proposed annual budgets and monthly financial statements, which accurately reflect the financial condition of the organization.
Send your cover letter detailing how your skills, experience, and education fit with this position, along with your resume, in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Executive Director.” Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis.
Only those applicants to be invited for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
The NFU-O is committed to employment equity and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals. We know that experience comes in many forms, so if you believe you’re the right fit for this job and meet a portion of the technical requirements, we encourage you to apply.