Our local typically has...
Welcome message from the president:
About Our Local
• We are fun!
• We talk about local agriculture issues.
• We are the farming organization with a conscious.
• We focus on eastern Ontario specifically.
• We have farmers of different commodity types
• We are organic and conventional farmers!
• We promote sustainable farming and regenerative agriculture
• Because of the size of the local and our geographic dispersal, it is really interesting to hear stories from all over the area
Why You Should Join Us
• We are people who care about where our food comes from.
• We discuss issues like supply management and the wheat board because we want farmers to be successful.
•We have summer socials, Christmas parties, and tours of different farming and agricultural facilities.
• We combine meetings with visiting different farms for ong-the-ground learning opportunities.
Not a Farmer?
• It increases the collaboration between farmers and non-farmers as well as rural and urban communities.
• It helps farmers to hear from folks who are not immersed in agriculture all the time, so we can know what the general eating public is interested in.
We meet monthly on the second Thursday of each month between September and June. We break for July and August but get together for a fun social.
We follow an agenda and keep to a schedule but we also have deep conversations about agricultural matters such as seeds, marketing, and global pressures.
If there is a guest speaker, there is an intelligent Q&A session that highlights our wide range of backgrounds and interests.