We’re hiring a Website Developer!
Job Title: Website Developer
Reports to: Executive Director
Application Deadline: Friday, October 22, 2021
Hours: 35 hours/week, flexible times, offered through the Eco Canada grant program
Duration: November 1, 2021, to May 31, 2022
Location: Remote from home
Role and Responsibilities:
The Website Developer will support the NFU-O to research, identify and develop a new website for our Regional Office that is easy for staff to use and update and is more interactive for our Local chapters.
Tasks will include:
- creating a map of the current NFU-O website and making suggestions for how to improve the layout and structure of the pages
- researching a new WordPress or compatible template for the NFU-O website that is current and easy for staff to use
- presenting recommendations for and working with the NFU-O team to select the new template
- migrating the current NFU-O website to the new WordPress or compatible template
- working with the NFU-O team to incorporate new content for the website, including linking social channels, building a web directory of members, and developing more interactive web pages for our Local chapters
- making recommendations for future pages and content development
Learning opportunities will be provided via collaboration with NFU-O staff and members, capacity building projects and activities. The role will also involve some broader member engagement work and support & engagement with our regional convention in February.
This is a part of the ECO Canada grant program. Candidates must be
- between the ages of 15 and 30 inclusive when the position started
- unemployed or underemployed
- underemployed will include students who are currently employed and are taking on an expanded role or more hours of work during the internship
- a Canadian citizen, permanent resident of Canada or a refugee under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act
Skills and Experience:
- Expert knowledge of WordPress and compatible platforms
- Experience working with online event platforms
- Interest in community-building, environmental sustainability and/or food security
- Knowledge of Ontario agricultural community an asset
- A strong communicator with excellent written and verbal skills
- Highly motivated and able to work independently and in a team
- Demonstrated problem-solving abilities
- Research skills
- French language skills are an asset
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to work from home
Send your cover letter detailing how your skills, experience, and education fit with this position, along with your resume, in PDF format by Friday, October 22nd to Krista Long, Executive Director at email@example.com with the subject line “Website Developer Position”.
Only those applicants invited for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please. Interviews will take place the week of October 25th.
The NFU-O is committed to employment equity and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals.