To address COVID-19 related concerns, the province has set up an information number. If you have questions about impacts to your business or employment, call the Stop the Spread Business Information Line at 1-888-444-3659. Help is available from Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 9:00 p.m. and Saturday to Sunday 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Ontario Investing $25.5 Million in Technology to Protect Agri-Food Workers – April 21, 2021
- Ontario Helps Farmers and Agri-food Operators Keep Workers Safe During COVID-19 – April 8th, 2021
- Ontario Improving Farm Safety for Agri-Food Workers – February 16th, 2021
- Ontario Protecting Agri-Food Workers and Food Supply Chain: Comprehensive new strategy designed to prevent the spread of COVID-19 – November 16th, 2020
- Rights and Responsibilities of Employers and Employees during COVID-19
- Ontario WSPS Health & Safety Guidance for Agricultural Workers during COVID-19
Screening questions before entering a farm
If you have visitors to your farm, these questions from the Ministry of Health provide guidance on screening people prior to their entry. They were created for use with long term care facilities, but can easily be adapted for farm visitors.
For a useful chart on Financial Supports for Canadian Businesses click here
Federal Government Response to COVID-19:
May 16th, 2020: New funding announced for hiring Canadian Youth to work in Agriculture. The YESP program pays 50% of wages up to $14,000; 80% funding for Indigenous Youth. You can apply now and qualify retroactively to April 1, 2020. Apply here.
Provincial Government Response to COVID-19:
Keeping Food on the Table during COVID-19 – Ontario on-line agri-food job portal
Ontario Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs
NFU Responses to COVID-19:
- The NFU-O Supports Immediate Paid Sick Leave Legislation
- NFU Essential Service Letter
- Open letter: Canada must support global access to COVID-19 vaccines at the WTO
- Envisioning a Post-Pandemic Agriculture and Food System
- Request for Assistance to Farmers Markets to Meet COVID-19 Measures
- COVID-19 shuts down half of Canada’s beef supply
- Letter to Ag Minister – NFU request for AgriStablity program changes
- Letter of Support of Farmers’ Markets & Direct Sales of Farmers’ Food across Canada
- Food and Agriculture – Lessons from the Pandemic
- Till, sow and harvest transformative ideas for the future!
- Coronavirus: Another layer of anxiety for farmers
- The Farm Income Crisis and the COVID 19 Crisis
- Will Canada’s grain farmers be collateral damage in the rush to pass Bill C-4?
- Farmers and Migrant Workers Need Immediate Support for 2020 Growing Season
- Farmers Markets Are Essential Services, says NFU
COVID-19 Updates by Commodity:
Farmers Market Resources:
Farmers’ Markets Ontario
Farmers Markets’ of Nova Scotia Guide for Precautions Doing Pre-orders and Safe Pick ups
Farmers Markets’ of Nova Scotia Guide to Selecting an E-commerce Platform
Options for online store: Local Line – NFU-O members receive a discount
Options for online store: Open Food Network
Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) Resources:
If you have a resource you would like to share, please email email@example.com with the details.